Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get help filling out the application?

For more information about our ParaTransit service or to request assistance with an application for service, please contact our office at 541-440-6500.

TTY and TRS users…

Dial 7-1-1 for Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service! A free public service for communication between standard (voice) users and persons
who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled using text telephones (TTYs) or PCs via the Internet.

7-1-1 and other telephone numbers provided by Oregon TRS. For more information about TRS services visit

Does having a disability automatically allow me to use Paratransit Services?

No. UTrans is committed to accommodating people with disabilities to enable them to use our regular bus service. All regular UTrans buses are fully accessible to persons who use wheelchairs, scooters or walkers. However, UTrans drivers are unable to perform the duties of a Personal Care Assistant.

How do I know if my disability qualifies me to use the Paratransit system?

Your answer to the following question will determine whether you qualify: Do I have a condition that prevents me from using the regular bus route system?

  • No -- You do not qualify to use Paratransit services.
  • Yes -- You may qualify to use Paratransit services. You must fill out and return the completed application forms. Once your completed application and professional certification are received, it will be processed withing 21 days of receipt.