The UTrans Direct ParaTransit program is a shared-ride, public transportation service for people with disabilities that prevent them from using U-Trans regular fixed route bus service for some or all of their trips. UTrans Direct service operates during the same hours and service is available within ¾ of an air mile of the UTrans fixed route service in Roseburg.
For more information about our ParaTransit service or to request an application for service, please contact our office at 541-440-6500.
To schedule a ride, please call dispatch at 888-232-8121.
- UTrans Direct is an origin-to-destination paratransit service for people with qualifying disabilities of any age.
- Riders must be unable to use the fixed route buses.
- This service is available for any purpose.
- Riders must complete the application process to qualify.
- Call the UTrans dispatch office at to schedule your pick-up and return appointment. (To be assured of getting the times that you desire, please call well in advance.)
- Please have your fare ready; must be exact amount.
- If you need extra services, such as using a walker or wheelchair, please notify the scheduler to ensure you received the type of service you require.
- If you have a personal care attendant, (PCA) he or she may ride with you at no extra cost.
- Please be ready when the bus arrives; drivers are on a tight time schedule
Cost & Availability
Service is available:
Monday – Friday
6:15 AM to 8:00 PM
$4.00 per ride
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get help filling out the application?
For more information about our ParaTransit service or to request assistance with an application for service, please contact our office at 541-440-6500.
TTY and TRS users…
Dial 7-1-1 for Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service! A free public service for communication between standard (voice) users and persons
who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled using text telephones (TTYs) or PCs via the Internet.
7-1-1 and other telephone numbers provided by Oregon TRS. For more information about TRS services visit www.oregonrelay.com.
Does having a disability automatically allow me to use Paratransit Services?
No. UTrans is committed to accommodating people with disabilities to enable them to use our regular bus service. All regular UTrans buses are fully accessible to persons who use wheelchairs, scooters or walkers. However, UTrans drivers are unable to perform the duties of a Personal Care Assistant.
How do I know if my disability qualifies me to use the Paratransit system?
Your answer to the following question will determine whether you qualify: Do I have a condition that prevents me from using the regular bus route system?
- No — You do not qualify to use Paratransit services.
- Yes — You may qualify to use Paratransit services. You must fill out and return the completed application forms. Once your completed application and professional certification are received, it will be processed withing 21 days of receipt.